Hyde County Schools are working together with the local health department to ensure our students and staff are safe. At this time, “Schools Without Walls” is allowing our student to maintain their learning environment. Our school continues to reinforce our efforts at maintaining “social distancing.” The schools are being sanitized and visitors are asked to remain at school entrances.
Please continue to practice the prevention measures:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
● Practice social distancing (six feet between individuals); avoid handshakes, hugs and other close contact.
CHANGES IN VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2020/2021
For your information, vaccinations requirements have changed for Pre-K and Kindergarten students. 7th graders remain the same, but 12th graders are now required to have vaccinations. Please review documents below for additional details.
Parents of Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Students: required paperwork must be received within 30 days from first day of school according to NC state law.
- Up to date shot record
- Health Assessment
- Dental Assessment (PreK only)
See Nurse if you have questions!
GARRETT'S LAW REQUIREMENTS:
It mandates schools to provide parents and guardians with information about meningococcal meningitis and influenza and the vaccines that protect against these diseases. The law was expanded in 2007 to mandate that information also be provided about human papillomavirus (HPV) and the vaccines available to protect against HPV.