DRIVER'S EDUCATION INFORMATION
Driver’s Education in Hyde County Schools consists of an Online Driver Education Course and Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Please be aware that there are significant changes to the program that we offer to our students.
1. The classroom portion of Drivers Education has moved to online delivery. The Online Driver Education Course is currently being offered for $25. As before, students must be at least 14 ½ years of age and/or currently enrolled in 9th grade. You will receive your course code and login information after payment is received. Students have six weeks to complete this 30- hour course which consists of 11 modules and a final exam. After completion of the online course, the student will be given a certificate and eye exam form to be completed at the DMV.
2. There will be a $25 fee for Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Students must complete and pass the Online Driver Education Course, have all required documentation, and pay this fee before beginning the Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Students currently enrolled in Behind-the-Wheel Instruction must pay the $25 by the end of the first semester.
3. We are currently offering a package pricing for the entire Driver’s Education Program. If you pay for the entire program in advance, it will be $40.
4. There are only 12 spots available per session. The online sessions dates are:
Session 1: AUGUST 27, 2019 – OCTOBER 07, 2019
Session 2: OCTOBER 28, 2019 – DECEMBER 06, 2019
Session 3: January 13, 2020 – FEBRUARY 21, 2020
Session 4: March 18, 2020 – April 24, 2020
SESSION 5: (SUMMER): JUNE 22, 2020 - JULY 31, 2020
5. To ensure your child's online work is being saved, please use a laptop, iPad or desktop computer. Cellphones do not save their work.
6. Students who fail to complete/pass the online course within their session timeframe will be required to pay the fee to retake the course.