Life Skills Coach @ Mattamuskeet Early College High School
NATURE OF WORK
Under general supervision, provides a series of life skills sessions, in a virtual format, to small groups of MECHS middle and high school students. Sessions will be held a minimum of once per week until the end of the 2020-21 school year, and will be based on the Arise Curriculum. Topics covered will be Anger Management, Violence & Conflict and the consequences of one’s choices. Tips for Peaceful Living, Creating a Positive Outlook and Secrets for Success will also be covered.
This position is grant-funded for the 2020-21 school year, and is a contracted position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learns the Arise curriculum and how to deliver it to students
- Holds weekly sessions based on the curriculum
- Takes attendance and reports this to the HCS Director of Student Services
- Communicates clearly and on a regular weekly schedule with supervisor
- Must be able to use a variety of equipment and classroom tools such as computers, copiers, calculators, pencils, scissors, equipment for children, etc. Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics of data, people or things.
- Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving instructions, assignments and/or directions from superiors.
- Requires the ability to ready a variety of correspondence, reports, handbooks, forms, lists, etc. Requires the ability to prepare correspondence, simple reports, forms, instructional materials, etc. using prescribed format.
- Requires the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form; and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in a variety of technical or professional languages including medical, legal and counseling terminology.
- Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to talk and hear.
· Adheres to a professional code of ethics
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
REPORTS TO: Hyde County Schools Director of Student Services TO APPLY
Interested individuals may send a letter of interest as well as resume, via email, to the Hyde County Schools Student Services Administrative Assistant, Tekisha Jordan: email@example.com
Before approval to work with students at Hyde County Schools, all individuals are subject to a background check.