DRIVER'S EDUCATION INFORMATION
Driver’s Education in Hyde County Schools consists of an Online Driver Education Course and Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Please be aware that there are significant changes to the program that we offer to our students.
1. The classroom portion of Drivers Education has moved to an online delivery. The Online Driver Education Course is currently being offered for $25. As before, students must be at least 14 ½ years of age and/or currently enrolled in 9th grade. You will receive your course code and login information after payment is received. Students have six weeks to complete this 30 hour course which consists of 11 modules and a final exam. After completion of the online course, the student will be given a certificate and eye exam form to be completed at the DMV.
2. There will be a $25 fee for Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Students must complete and pass the Online Driver Education Course, have all required documentation, and pay this fee before beginning the Behind-the-Wheel Instruction. Students currently enrolled in Behind-the-Wheel Instruction must pay the $25 by the end of the first semester.
3. We are currently offering a package pricing for the entire Driver’s Education Program. If you pay for the entire program in advance, it will be $40.
4. There are only 12 spots available per session. The online sessions dates are:
· Session 1: October 16, 2017 – November 24, 2017
· Session 2: December 4, 2017 – January 12, 2018
· Session 3: January 22, 2018 – March 2, 2018
· Session 4: March 12, 2018 – April 20, 2018
5. Students who fail to complete/pass the online course within their session timeframe, will be required to pay the fee to retake the course.
Please contact Mrs. Floy Loftus at 252-926-0240 or email@example.com within the first five days of enrollment to ensure there are no problems with the online class.